Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm baaaack!

Well, it has been a while since I have updated my blog. So here goes. At the left you see two unique vistas of the Southern Sierra. Few will see these views, as they were taken on the top of the remote spike of rock called Castle Rock Spire, as well as on the plant-choked approach. This part of the Sierra is seldom visited. It took a full 48 hours to complete this climb, including a forced bivy in the woods. Luckily it wasn't too cold in April, and we made it through just fine. The climbing was superb. Much poison oak was the biggest challenge, however. I would not recommend this route
to someone who react vigorously to poison oak, or who is opposed to an approach filled with
brush and Manzanita.


Another great adventure I started in 07 is that of finding my life partner. I met Bekah in February 07 and we will be married in April 08. Looking forward to adventuring with her for the rest of my life. She is quite amazing; a runner and kick-boxing instructor she also enjoys camping and the outdoors. We're a great match! :)
More info will follow soon. I hope to become a blogger next year, as Bekah and I are planning on moving to Thailand. Stay tuned for wedding pics after April 19th!

No comments: